A revolutionary new treatment, targeted at treating tired skin, has recently joined our arsenal of aesthetic treatments. The goal is to firm it up, to lift it and to achieve a young, fresh and beautiful skin. This treatment is performed by injecting threads into the facial skin, which then create a healthy new scaffolding to support
the sagging skin and thus improve its look.
The goal of the treatment
Treatment with threads is directed at rejuvenation of the face and neck skin, improving its look and tightening it. The threads dissolve inside the skin and promote the formation of new collagen, creating a new high quality structural net supporting the skin. The treatment assists in slowing down the ageing process of the
skin, in addition to instantly correcting defects. It is therefore a suitable treatment, even as a maintenance treatment, at a relatively young age.
Important to note! Treatment with threads is not a substitute for facial surgery or for lifting large areas of sagging skin!
Whom is thread lift suitable for?
Thread treatment is suitable for cases of loose and lifeless skin, for treating wrinkles and fine lines, for improving the appearance of dropping cheeks and of the chin area, for a sagging neck skin, the brow line and the temple area.
Whom is thread lift not suitable for?
The thread treatment is unsuitable for cases of active skin conditions, during pregnancy, when the patient is receiving anticoagulants (depending on the decision of the attending physician), in the presence of inflamed acne of the face and neck, or if permanent filling materials are present in the skin.
How does it work?
Using this method, the doctor injects a thin needle into the skin, along with a polydioxanone (absorbable suture material) thread. It’s a material that has been used in surgical medicine for many years. It preserves the elasticity of the dermis and biodegrades inside the skin without causing adverse side effects.
The threads are inserted into the skin with specially processed needles, which allow for smooth penetration into the skin. The needle pulls out easily, and the thread remains in the skin, biodegrading in a process that may last 3 – 8 months.
The treatment is performed under local anesthesia, usually by means of an anesthetizing cream such as Emla (at times there is no need for the anesthetizing cream).
A number of threads are inserted into each area concurrently. The number of treads inserted into the skin may reach 20 – 40 threads per treatment. The treatment should be repeated after one month, when an additional 10 – 20 additional threads are inserted, as needed.
The results of the treatment
This innovative treatment contributes to the look of a smooth, revitalized and healthy skin. Its results are immediately obvious and last for a long time.
In addition, the treatment is also available in combination with other treatments, such as: injections of fillers or skin firming treatment using laser or RF waves.
Sub dermal (under the skin) hematoma (which are absorbed and do not disturb the thread’s incorporation into the tissue), local swelling (due to the multiple needle pricks) and some edema are possible.
Adverse effects and possible complications
– Allergy and rejection of the threads – very rare.
– Swelling, severe pain, redness and discomfort (if persist for more than 4 – 5 days – report to the attending doctor and return to the clinic)
– Scars – very rare.
– Patients who take aspirin or other blood thinners should consult their physician to assess whether they should stop taking their medication a few days prior to the treatment.
– Granulomas – stiffening may occur in the injection area due to a subcutaneous inflammation. This may be resolved with topical medications.
– As with any facial treatment, pigmentation may appear in the facial area, therefore it is recommended to use sunscreen when exposed to the sun, and to avoid perfumes in the treated area as they may cause pigmentation.
– Appearance of a dimple, a lump or asymmetry following the treatment -these can be treated and corrected.
– A thread sticking out and not absorbed – the thread can be removed
Recommendations after the treatment?
– Avoid physical activity for 5 days.
– Avoid saunas, spas, facial cosmetics, tanning.
– Avoid visiting the dentist – for two weeks.
– Do not massage the face.
– The treatment is intended for skin rejuvenation.
– The treatment does not constitute skin tightening.
– The effect is temporary and there is an individual component involved in the rate and extent of the break down of the material in the body.
– Swelling, redness and sensitivity to touch, or at times, hematomas, are normal and transient responses.
– There is a need for repeated treatments in order to preserve and improve the results.